The Board of Directors is composed of representatives from corporate members, a representative of the Technical Steering Committee, and representatives elected by the individual membership class.
- Platinum Director, Chairperson: Todd Moore, Vice President of Open Technology at IBM.
- Platinum Director, Vice-Chairperson: Scott Hammond, Chief Executive Officer at Joyent.
- Platinum Director: Gaurav Seth, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft.
- Platinum Director: Rich Sharples, Senior Director of Product Management at Red Hat.
- Platinum Director: Mark Skarpness, Vice President, Software and Services Group at Intel.
- Platinum Director: Sarah Novotny, Open Source Strategy at Google.
- Gold Director: Danese Cooper, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff - open source at PayPal.
- Silver-Level Director, Secretary: Brian McCallister, Chief Technology Officer of Platforms at Groupon.
- Silver-Level Director: Mårten Mickos, Chief Executive Officer at HackerOne.
- Individual Director (2016-2018): Ashley Williams
- Individual Director (2017-2019): William Kapke
- TSC Director: Myles Borins
Independent of the Board, the Technical Steering Committee sets the technical direction of the project, including releases, quality standards, project governance and process, GitHub repo hosting, etc. Myles Borins is the technical steering committee's board representative for the Board of Directors.