Weekly Update - Jun 12th, 2015
io.js 2.3 releases
This week we had one io.js release v2.3.0, complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
- libuv: Upgraded to 1.6.0 and 1.6.1, see full ChangeLog for details. (Saúl Ibarra Corretgé) #1905 #1889. Highlights include:
- Fix TTY becoming blocked on OS X
- Fix UDP send callbacks to not to be synchronous
os.homedir(), see below)
- npm: See full release notes for details. (Kat Marchán) #1899. Highlight:
- Use GIT_SSH_COMMAND (available as of Git 2.3)
- Upgrade to 1.0.2b and 1.0.2c, introduces DHE man-in-the-middle protection (Logjam) and fixes malformed ECParameters causing infinite loop (CVE-2015-1788). See the security advisory for full details. (Shigeki Ohtsu) #1950 #1958
- Support FIPS mode of OpenSSL, see README for instructions. (Fedor Indutny) #1890
- os: Add
os.homedir()method. (Colin Ihrig) #1791
- smalloc: Deprecate whole module. (Vladimir Kurchatkin) #1822
- Add new collaborators:
See https://github.com/nodejs/node/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExitare still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
process.send()is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in #774
dns.setServers()while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion #894
url.resolvemay transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- Openssl vulnerabilities are updated on io.js. Resume: Upgrade to 1.0.2b and 1.0.2c, introduces DHE man-in-the-middle protection (Logjam) and fixes malformed ECParameters causing infinite loop (CVE-2015-1788). See the security advisory for full details. (Shigeki Ohtsu) #1950 #1958
- io.js 2.3.0 os.homedir() ponyfill
- "Should I use Node.js or io.js? And which version?" article by StrongLoop
- iojs now supports
--use_strong. Strong mode (part of Google v8 experiments) implements a stronger semantics.
- "Node.js and io.js Merge Under the Node Foundation" by InfoQ.
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th - 10th at Washington State
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st - 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th - 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- JSConf CO, October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin