Weekly Update - Oct 16th, 2015
Node.js News — October 16th
Node.js v4.2.1 (LTS), v4.2.0 (LTS) are released
Node.js v4.2.1 (LTS) and v4.2.0 (LTS) Releases
This week we have two releases: Node.js v4.2.1 (LTS) and Node.js v4.2.0 (LTS). Complete changelog from previous releases can be found on GitHub.
Notable changes : v4.2.1 (LTS)
- Includes fixes for two regressions
Notable changes : v4.2.0 (LTS)
- icu: Updated to version 56 with significant performance improvements (Steven R. Loomis) #3281
- Node.js v4.2.1 Release Summary and Stats, "Closely tracking the Long Term Support plan, 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 have been released this week as LTS. v4.2.1 has been released to fix two critical regressions in v4.2.0. It is highly suggested you use v4.2.1 instead of v4.2.0"
- A Hubot Plugin that Helps You to Choose Where to Drink Coffee, "Hubot is a very friendly and easy extensible bot written in Coffeescript"
- Linux and Node.js in Production using Daemontools and NDT, "Putting the application to the test with Linux and Node.js in Production using Daemontools and NDT"
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- JSConf CO, October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin, Colombia
- EmpireNode, October 23rd at New York, US.
- NodeFest, November 7th at Tokyo, Japan
- Node Girls London, November 7th at London, UK
- Playnode, November 12nd at Seoul, South Korea
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9 at Portland, US.
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.