Weekly Update - Oct 9th, 2015
Node.js News — October 9th
Node.js v4.1.2 is released
Node.js v4.1.2 Releases
This week we have one release: Node.js v4.1.2. complete changelog from previous releases can be found on GitHub.
- Fix out-of-order 'finish' event bug in pipelining that can abort execution, fixes DoS vulnerability CVE-2015-7384 (Fedor Indutny) #3128
- Account for pending response data instead of just the data on the current request to decide whether pause the socket or not (Fedor Indutny) #3128
- libuv: Upgraded from v1.7.4 to v1.7.5, see release notes for details (Saúl Ibarra Corretgé) #3010
- A better rwlock implementation for all Windows versions
- Improved AIX support
See https://github.com/nodejs/node/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExitare still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
dns.setServers()while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
url.resolvemay transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
Node.js Foundation Welcomes Red Hat as Newest Platinum Member
- The Node.js Foundation, a community-led and industry-backed consortium to advance the development of the Node.js platform, announced Red Hat, Inc. has joined the Foundation as a Platinum member.
- Red Hat joins platinum members, including Famous, IBM, Intel, Joyent, Microsoft and PayPal, to provide support in the adoption, development and long-term success of the Node.js project.
See https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-joins-nodejs-foundation for more information.
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano - Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO, October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin, Colombia
- EmpireNode, October 23rd at New York, US.
- NodeFest, November 7th at Stack Exchange HQ, Old St
- Node Girls London, November 7th at Stack Exchange HQ, Old St
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Playnode, call-for-proposals, November, Korea
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9 at Portland, US.
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.