Weekly Update - Oct 23rd, 2015
Node.js v5.0.0 release proposal
- console: console.time has been changed to log with sub-millisecond accuracy (Michaël Zasso) #3166.
- Values reported by console.time will now have 3 decimals of accuracy added.
- fs: Added file descriptor support to *File functions (Johannes Wüller) #3163
- fs.readFile, fs.writeFile, and fs.appendFile now also accept a file descriptor as their first argument.
- Please click here to post images and ideas.
- The Marketing Committee will look over ideas at some point in the future and potentially select one or take some of the ideas/direction and handoff to a designer.
- Final logo will have to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Node.js Foundation, a community-led and industry-backed consortium to advance the development of the Node.js platform, announced initial programming for Node.js Interactive.
- This inaugural event, which is being led by the newly formed Node.js Foundation in cooperation with the Linux Foundation, will be held December 8-9, 2015, in Portland, Ore.
- Node.js Interactive will also focus on three tracks: Frontend, Backend and the Internet of Things (IoT).
See /blog/announcements/interactive-2015-programming for more information.
- NodeUp podcast episode 92 was published this week: http://nodeup.com/ninetytwo.
- The subject of the podcast is Node 4.0 and the participants are Rod Vagg, Evan Lucas, and Rich Trott.
- Start getting involved in Node.js with
- Want to help others with issues? You can start simply, by answering open questions with
See https://github.com/nodejs/node/labels/good%20first%20contribution for more information.
- Node.js for the Real World, "Node.js as back-end for the user-interface layer is a perfect usecase"
- EmpireNode, October 23rd at New York, US.
- NodeFest, November 7th at Tokyo, Japan
- Node Knockout, November 7 - 8th, Worldwide
- Node Girls London, November 7th at London, UK
- Playnode, November 12nd at Seoul, South Korea
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9th at Portland, US.