Weekly Update - Nov 27th, 2015
Node v0.12.8 (LTS) is released
7d11208f68] - build: backport tools/release.sh (Rod Vagg) #3642
6fb0b92fa0] - build: backport config for new CI infrastructure (Rod Vagg) #3642
83441616a5] - build: fix --without-ssl compile time error (Ben Noordhuis) #3825
- Security release coming on December 1 or December 2 (depending on your timezone) will resolve a denial-of-service vulnerability. Be prepared to update!
- New releases of v0.12.x, v4.x and v5.x will be made available with appropriate fixes for CVE-2015-8027 and CVE-2015-6764 (for v4.x and v5.x only)
- Please contact [email protected] if you wish to report a vulnerability in Node.js.
See https://nodejs.org/en/blog/vulnerability/cve-2015-8027_cve-2015-6764/ for more information.
- NodeUp 96: "A Node v5.0 Show" with Rebecca Turner, Rod Vagg, and Rich Trott".
- Top Node.js metrics to watch, "Track key metrics to keep your Node.js apps running smoothly."
- Why we stopped vendoring our npm dependencies, "Should I check my node_modules directory into my repository?"
- Clearing the air: Is WordPress being rewritten in Node.js and React?, "Almost all front-end tooling is built in Node.js."
- Massive Memory Gains in Node.js 4.2, "Not only did we see our memory graphs smooth out significantly, but the total memory usage dropped."
- Node.js Interactive, December 8th - 9th at Portland, US.