Weekly Update - Dec 4th, 2015
Node.js News — December 4th
Node v5.1.1 (Current), v4.2.3 "Argon" (LTS), v0.12.9 (LTS) and v0.10.41 (Maintenance) are released
December Security Release Summary
- This is an important security release. Please update your Node.js installation.
- We have released Node.js v0.10.41 (Maintenance), v0.12.9 (LTS), v4.2.3 "Argon" (LTS) and v5.1.1 (Current) with fixes for the announced vulnerabilities and updates to OpenSSL.
- All Node.js users should consult our December Security Release Summary for details on patched vulnerabilities.
See https://nodejs.org/en/blog/vulnerability/december-2015-security-releases/ for more information.
- Node.js running in the new Airbus A350 inflight servers, "We were allowed to run our own Node.js-server on the inflight servers of the aircraft."
- Automatic cat feeder powered by Node.js, "Is a DIY cat (or dog, or human) feeder controlled over the web."
- Netflix' Node powered interfaces, "Shifting its user interfaces to Node.js, Netflix has been able to streamline the development."
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- Node.js Interactive, December 8th - 9th at Portland, US.
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.