Weekly Update - Apr 29th, 2016
Node v6.0.0 (Current) Release
Node v6.0.0 (Current). Complete changelog from previous releases can be found on GitHub.
See Breaking changes between v5 and v6 for more information.
You may have noticed that the v6 release uses the label
Current instead of
Stable. This name change has been made in order to better differentiate the Long Term Support releases from the current active development branches. We
will be using the
Current label from here-on instead of
World’s Fastest Growing Open Source Platform Pushes Out New Release
See https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v6-release/ for more information.
- Node Hero - Getting Started With Node.js: you can learn how to get started with Node.js and deliver software products using it.
- A Quick Guide To Reading Node.js Core Source: One person's approach to understanding the source code that makes up Node.js core. "Your mileage may vary. Warranty void if seal is broken."
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- NodeConf London - May 11th, 2016
- Node.js Live (Beijing) - May, 21st - 22nd, 2016
- NodeConf Brazil - June 4th - 5th, 2016
- NodeConf Adventure 2016, "First batch of NodeConf Adventure tickets are up!", June 9th–12th, 2016 - Walker Creek Ranch, Marin, CA, USA
- Node PDX - June 19-21st, 2016
- NodeConf Argentina - 18 - 19th November, 2016
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.