Weekly Update - November 11th, 2016
Node v7.1.0 (Current)
- Node v7.1.0 (Current). The complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
Node v4.6.2 (LTS)
- Node v4.6.2 (LTS). The complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
Node.js Benchmarks Results for v7.x
- Results for v7.x added to https://benchmarking.nodejs.org/
- Benchmarks are curently run daily and the updated results published on this page in order to provide visibility and to encourage contributors to look for possible regressions after their commits go in.
- This page/data is maintained by the benchmarking working group.
Daily Code Coverage Results
- Now available for Node.js master at: https://coverage.nodejs.org/. Please check results after your major PRs land to ensure coverage is not regressed.
- This data is also a good way to identify where new tests can be added to improve the overall coverage numbers.
- We are doing pretty well at 89.37% JS coverage and 88.3% C++ coverage but we can always do better.
- Node.js v7.1.0 Release Brief: This first release to the v7.x release line comes with upgraded dependencies, a couple new APIs, and a plenty of fixes.
- Node.js v4.6.2 Release Brief: This v4 LTS release is the result of a large buildup of regular maintenance commits. Contains a sizable amount of fixes and dependency patches.
- Running Your Node.js App With Systemd - Part 1: This post is going to cover the specific case of running something on a "standard" Linux server that uses systemd.
- Running Your Node.js App With Systemd - Part 2: There are a few things we'd like to change about our setup to make it more production ready, which means we're going to have to dive a bit deeper into SysAdmin land.
- 6 of the Most Exciting ES6 Features in Node.js v6 LTS: With this article, we'll take a look at six of the best new ES6 features that are in the Node.js v6 LTS release.
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- NodeConf Barcelona 2016: 18th November 2016 · Barcelona Mobile World Centre
- NodeConf Argentina: 18 - 19 November, 2016
- play.node 2016: 23rd November 2016 · Seoul, South Korea
- EventLoop: 26th - 27th November, 2016 · Santiago, Chile.
- Node.js Interactive North America: November 29th - December 2nd · AUSTIN, TEXAS, US
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.