Weekly Update - November 24th, 2016
Node v7.2.0 (Current)
- Node v7.2.0 (Current). The complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
Node.js Benchmarks Results for v7.x
- Results for v7.x added to https://benchmarking.nodejs.org/
- Benchmarks are curently run daily and the updated results published on this page in order to provide visibility and to encourage contributors to look for possible regressions after their commits go in.
- This page/data is maintained by the benchmarking working group.
Daily Code Coverage Results
- Now available for Node.js master at: https://coverage.nodejs.org/. Please check results after your major PRs land to ensure coverage is not regressed.
- This data is also a good way to identify where new tests can be added to improve the overall coverage numbers.
- We are doing pretty well at 89.37% JS coverage and 88.3% C++ coverage but we can always do better.
- #NeedToNode Recap: Achieving End-to-End Security with Node.js: an overview of a few Node.js module vulnerabilities, and how we can make security with Node.js easier with NodeSource N|Solid and Snyk.
- Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - November, 14 2016: While seeming to be a quiet week on the surface, last week there was a fair amount of activity in many important projects.
- 7 More npm Tricks to Knock Your Wombat Socks Off: we’ve gone through and collected yet another set of really awesome and useful tricks to speed up your productivity when using npm - with Node.js, on the front-end, or for anything else.
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- EventLoop: 26th - 27th November, 2016 · Santiago, Chile.
- Node.js Interactive North America: November 29th - December 2nd · AUSTIN, TEXAS, US
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.