Weekly Update - Feb 20th, 2015
Notable changes include:
url.resolve('/path/to/file', '.')now returns
/path/to/with the trailing slash,
/#278 (Amir Saboury)
- tls: The default cipher suite used by
httpshas been changed to one that achieves Perfect Forward Secrecy with all modern browsers. Additionally, insecure RC4 ciphers have been excluded. If you absolutely require RC4, please specify your own cipher suites. #826 (Roman Reiss)
- Node Governance - William Bert created http://nodegovernance.io/ to alert Scott Hammond, CEO of Joyent, of the desire of the community for the io.js open-governance model to be the base upon which the Node Foundation's Technical Committee. The response from the community was fantastic!
- Node.js and io.js Performance Improves - Raygun.io did performance tests with both Node.js and io.js recently, and both are improving performance with each release! Read the full article.
- LTTng Basics - LTTing Basics with io.js by user jgalar on asciinema
- io.js Roadmap Slides - Slide deck for the current roadmap of io.js up.
- TravisCI added io.js.The day the last Weekly Update was posted, Hiro Asari (あさり) tweeted that about 10% of Node projects were running io.js.
- @thlorenz updated nad, Node Addon Developer, to support io.js
- Catberry.js added support for io.js.
- Official mongodb node module supports io.js in v. 2.0.16 2015-02-16.
- The Native Web now has a io.js Docker container
- DNSChain by okTurtles added support for io.js.
- TDPAHACLPlugin and TDPAHAuthPlugin for actionHero now support io.js.
- node-sass added support for io.js 1.2 in node-sass v. 2.0.1
- total.js added support for io.js in v. 1.7.1
- Clever Cloud added support for io.js
- io.js Tracing Working Group Meeting - Feb. 19, 2015: YouTube - Minutes
- io.js Build Working Group Meeting - Feb. 19, 2015: YouTube - SoundCloud - Minutes
- io.js Technical Committee Meeting - Feb. 18, 2015: YouTube - SoundCloud - Minutes
- io.js Website Working Group Meeting - Feb. 16, 2015: YouTube - SoundCloud - Minutes