io.js 1.6.4 release
This week we had one io.js release v1.6.4, complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
- npm: upgrade npm to 2.7.5. See npm CHANGELOG.md for details. Includes two important security fixes.
- openssl: preliminary work has been done for an upcoming upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2a #1325 (Shigeki Ohtsu). See #589 for additional details.
- timers: a minor memory leak when timers are unreferenced was fixed, alongside some related timers issues #1330 (Fedor Indutny). This appears to have fixed the remaining leak reported in #1075.
- android: it is now possible to compile io.js for Android and related devices #1307 (Giovanny Andres Gongora Granada).
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExit are still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
- Not possible to build io.js as a static library #686
process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in #774
dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion #894
- JSConf Uruguay tickets are on sale, April 24th & 25th at Montevideo, Uruguay
- NodeConf Adventure tickets are on sale, June 11th - 14th at Walker Creek Ranch, CA
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th - 10th at Washington State
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th - 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- nodeSchool Tokyo will be held in April 12th at Tokyo, Japan