io.js 1.8.1 release
This week we had one io.js release v1.8.1, complete changelog can be found on GitHub.
- NOTICE: Skipped v1.8.0 due to problems with release tooling.
See #1436 for details.
- build: Support for building io.js as a static library (Marat Abdullin) #1341
- deps: Upgrade openssl to 1.0.2a (Shigeki Ohtsu) #1389
- Users should see performance improvements when using the crypto API.
- npm: Upgrade npm to 2.8.3. See the release notes for details. Includes improved git support.
- src: Allow multiple arguments to be passed to process.nextTick (Trevor Norris) #1077
- module: The interaction of
NODE_PATH has been restored and deprecated. This functionality
will be removed at a later point. (Roman Reiss) #1363
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExit are still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in #774
dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion #894
url.resolve may transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- readline: split escapes are processed incorrectly, see #1403
- Fedor Indutny opened discussion about removing TLS
resumeSession event. iojs/io.js#1462
- Proposal to change the C HTTP parser JS HTTP parser here
- NPM founder talks about io.js at InfoWorld
- Proposal to add mikeal, mscdex, shigeki as new TC members. iojs/io.js#1483
- JSConf Uruguay tickets are on sale, April 24th & 25th at Montevideo, Uruguay
- NodeConf Adventure tickets are on sale, June 11th - 14th at Walker Creek Ranch, CA
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th - 10th at Washington State
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th - 9th at Waterford, Ireland