Weekly Update - Jun 26th, 2015
- module: The number of syscalls made during a
require()have been significantly reduced again (see #1801 from v2.2.0 for previous work), which should lead to a performance improvement (Pierre Inglebert) #1920.
- zlib: A bug was discovered where the process would abort if the final part of a zlib decompression results in a buffer that would exceed the maximum length of
0x3fffffffbytes (~1GiB). This was likely to only occur during buffered decompression (rather than streaming). This is now fixed and will instead result in a thrown
RangeError(Michaël Zasso) #1811.
See https://github.com/nodejs/node/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExitare still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
process.send()is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in #774
dns.setServers()while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion #894
url.resolvemay transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- Slide deck: Bluemix Webinar: Deploying a Full Stack Node.js Application to IBM Bluemix
- Article by RisingStack: How to Use Rust with Node.js When Performance Matters
- Device Atlas API now supports Node.js
- On Maintaining a Native Node Module by Chris Williams
- nodei.co is running with io.js
- npm 3.0.0 pre-release
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th - 10th at Washington State
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st - 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th - 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano - Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO, October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin