Weekly Update - Oct 9th, 2015
Node.js v4.1.2 is released
- libuv: Upgraded from v1.7.4 to v1.7.5, see release notes for details (Saúl Ibarra Corretgé) #3010
- A better rwlock implementation for all Windows versions
- Improved AIX support
See https://github.com/nodejs/node/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExitare still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
dns.setServers()while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
url.resolvemay transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- The Node.js Foundation, a community-led and industry-backed consortium to advance the development of the Node.js platform, announced Red Hat, Inc. has joined the Foundation as a Platinum member.
- Red Hat joins platinum members, including Famous, IBM, Intel, Joyent, Microsoft and PayPal, to provide support in the adoption, development and long-term success of the Node.js project.
See https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-joins-nodejs-foundation for more information.
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano - Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO, October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin, Colombia
- EmpireNode, October 23rd at New York, US.
- NodeFest, November 7th at Stack Exchange HQ, Old St
- Node Girls London, November 7th at Stack Exchange HQ, Old St
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Playnode, call-for-proposals, November, Korea
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9 at Portland, US.