Weekly Update - Oct 30th, 2015
Node.js v5.0.0 (Current) is released
- v8: (Breaking) Upgraded to 18.104.22.168 from 22.214.171.124 (Ali Ijaz Sheikh) #3351.
- npm: Upgraded to version 3.3.6 from 2.14.7, see https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v3.3.6 for more details. This is a major version bump for npm and it has seen a significant amount of change. Please see the original npm v3.0.0 release notes for a list of major changes (Rebecca Turner) #3310.
- Please click here to post images and ideas.
- The Marketing Committee will look over ideas at some point in the future and potentially select one or take some of the ideas/direction and handoff to a designer.
- Final logo will have to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- NodeSource - Need to Node Ep.3: Office Hours with Rod Vagg, "Rod answers questions about the Node.js TSC, discusses what is happening with Node.js, provides updates on how the reconciliation of Node.js & io.js is going and outlines what's coming up next with Node.js."
- Node.js Security Checklist, "checklist to help you guide through the must have security checks before your application is enabled to thousands of users/customers."
- IBM acquires StrongLoop, helping clients extend their enterprise reach, "IBM announced that it acquired StrongLoop to help you accelerate your digital transformation."
- NodeFest, November 7th at Tokyo, Japan
- Node Knockout, November 7 - 8th, Worldwide
- Node Girls London, November 7th at London, UK
- Playnode, November 12nd at Seoul, South Korea
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9th at Portland, US.