Weekly Update - Nov 13th, 2015
- With the support of the Linux Foundation we are now able to launch an Individual Membership program.
- These members will be electing two representatives to the Board of Directors this January who will be responsible for representing the diverse needs of the Node.js community in the administration of the Node.js Foundation.
See /blog/community/individual-membership/ for more information.
- "The Journey To Node 4" by Joe McCann: Node.js, io.js, the Node Foundation, Node v4, etc.
- "Our Journey With Node.js" by Mick Ryan: How Node.js was introduced at BigCommerce, pitfalls, benefits, etc.
- "YOU Are Invited": Rich Trott encouraged people to contribute to Node and tried to point out some non-obvious on-ramps.
- 10 Habits of a Happy Node Hacker (2016), "Here are ten habits for happy Node.js hackers as we enter 2016. They're specifically for app developers"
- Understanding Garbage Collection and hunting Memory Leaks in Node.js, "Covers how Node.js manages memory and how to trace down memory-related problems"
- Node.js v4 gets an A+ for SSL Labs with no configuration, "Node has one of the best out-of-the-box SSL setups of any web server."
- JSConf.Asia, November 19th - 20th in Singapore.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20th – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Node.js Interactive, December 8th - 9th at Portland, US.