Weekly Update - Feb 6th, 2015
Every Friday we're going to start posting weekly updates of the activity in and around the project. I'll kick off a new issue each week and we can comment and collaboratively edit it before publication.
io.js in the week of February 6th 2015
We looked back at all the contributions in January and found that this is the 3rd most active month in Node history (294 commits) and the single most active month in almost three years (308 commits in February 2012). With the contribution growth we've seen so far we expect February to be even more active.
- 1.1.0 release. https://github.com/nodejs/node/blob/v1.x/CHANGELOG.md#2015-02-03-version-110-chrisdickinson
- Simplified Stream Construction https://github.com/nodejs/node/commit/50daee7243a3f987e1a28d93c43f913471d6885a
- io.js support added to Travis CI http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/build-environment-updates/2015-02-03/
- codeship supports io.js https://codeship.com/documentation/languages/nodejs/#iojs
- Atom Editor moved to io.js. https://github.com/atom/atom/releases/tag/v0.177.0
- nw.js (formerly node-webkit) moved to io.js https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/2742
- New Tessel Hardware will support io.js http://blog.technical.io/post/110115579867/upcoming-hardware-from-technical-machine
- Chris Dickinson on-boarded six new committers, bringing the total number of active committers to 23. https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/680#issuecomment-73089691
- WIP: Stability and Compatibility Policy https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/725
- TC Meeting Highlights
- Website Working Group Highlights
- First Tracing Working Group Meeting
- We've started reaching out to companies for feedback on our roadmap. https://github.com/iojs/roadmap/issues/13 If there are any companies we missed please drop the contact information in to that GitHub Issue.
- Next week is Node Summit w/ many io.js people speaking and in attendance. Bert Belder, Thorsten Lorenz, will be speaking Isaac Schlueter.