Weekly Update - December 2nd, 2016
Continued Growth of The Node.js Platform and Node.js Foundation
The Node.js Foundation announced progress with efforts to make Node.js VM-neutral -- more information on this news can be found on the Node.js Foundation Medium blog. This morning, the Foundation announced it would oversee the Node.js Security Project to further improve stability for enterprises. More information here.
Daily Code Coverage Results
- Now available for Node.js master at: https://coverage.nodejs.org/. Please check results after your major PRs land to ensure coverage is not regressed.
- This data is also a good way to identify where new tests can be added to improve the overall coverage numbers.
- We are doing pretty well at 89.37% JS coverage and 88.3% C++ coverage but we can always do better.
- Announcing NodeSource Certified Modules for Node.js: Gain trust and confidence in community supported code.
- Identify Tor connections in Node.js with Tor-test
- #NeedToNode Recap: Achieving End-to-End Security with Node.js: An overview of a few Node.js module vulnerabilities, and how we can make security with Node.js easier with NodeSource N|Solid and Snyk.
- Writing Native Node.js Modules - Node.js at Scale
- 7 More npm Tricks to Knock Your Wombat Socks Off: We’ve gone through and collected yet another set of really awesome and useful tricks to speed up your productivity when using npm - with Node.js, on the front-end, or for anything else.
- Four Node.js Gotchas that Operations Teams Should Know about
- Redis + Node.js: Introduction to Caching
- Node.js Interactive North America: November 29th - December 2nd · AUSTIN, TEXAS, US