Weekly Update - Oct 30th, 2015
Node.js News — October 30th
Node.js v5.0.0 (Current) is released
Node.js v5.0.0 (Current) Releases
This week we have one release: Node.js v5.0.0 (Current). Complete changelog from previous releases can be found on GitHub.
Notable changes : v5.0.0 (Current)
- v8: (Breaking) Upgraded to 22.214.171.124 from 126.96.36.199 (Ali Ijaz Sheikh) #3351.
- npm: Upgraded to version 3.3.6 from 2.14.7, see https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v3.3.6 for more details. This is a major version bump for npm and it has seen a significant amount of change. Please see the original npm v3.0.0 release notes for a list of major changes (Rebecca Turner) #3310.
Node.js foundation is considering an iteration on the official logo
- Please click here to post images and ideas.
- The Marketing Committee will look over ideas at some point in the future and potentially select one or take some of the ideas/direction and handoff to a designer.
- Final logo will have to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- NodeSource - Need to Node Ep.3: Office Hours with Rod Vagg, "Rod answers questions about the Node.js TSC, discusses what is happening with Node.js, provides updates on how the reconciliation of Node.js & io.js is going and outlines what's coming up next with Node.js."
- Node.js Security Checklist, "checklist to help you guide through the must have security checks before your application is enabled to thousands of users/customers."
- IBM acquires StrongLoop, helping clients extend their enterprise reach, "IBM announced that it acquired StrongLoop to help you accelerate your digital transformation."
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- NodeFest, November 7th at Tokyo, Japan
- Node Knockout, November 7 - 8th, Worldwide
- Node Girls London, November 7th at London, UK
- Playnode, November 12nd at Seoul, South Korea
- Nodevember, November 14th - 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.
- NodeConf Barcelona, November 21st at Barcelona, Spain
- CampJS VI, November 20 – 23th at Queensland, Australia
- Node.js Interactive, December 8-9th at Portland, US.
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.