Weekly Update - Mar 1st, 2016
OpenSSL updates, 1.0.2g and 1.0.1s
Our crypto team will make an impact assessment for Node.js users of the OpenSSL releases. This information may vary depending on the different active release lines and will be posted here.
As part of that impact assessment we will announce our release plans for each of the active release lines to take into account any impact. Please be prepared for the possibility of important updates to Node.js v0.10, v0.12, v4 and v5 soon after Tuesday, the 1st of March.
- Expect an impact assessment of the OpenSSL updates within 24 hours of their release
- Expect releases of Node.js v0.10, v0.12 and v5 this week, possibly containing important security releases
- Expect a Node.js v4.4.0 release next with the possibility of a v4.3.2 security update this week
See https://nodejs.org/en/blog/vulnerability/openssl-march-2016/ for more information.
Please monitor the nodejs-sec Google Group for updates, including an impact assessment and updated details on release timing within approximately 24 hours after the OpenSSL release: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nodejs-sec
Linux PPC LE 64-bit Binaries
Linux PPC LE 64-bit Binaries are included in the stable release for the first time as part of v5.7.0
Get them here: https://nodejs.org/dist/v5.7.0/
If you have spotted or written something about Node.js, do come over to our Evangelism team repo and suggest it on the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.
- NodeConf Adventure 2016, "First batch of NodeConf Adventure tickets are up!", June 9th–12th, 2016 - Walker Creek Ranch, Marin, CA, USA
- NationJS Node Day Conference, TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE NOW, March 11, 2016 - Washington, DC
Have an event about Node.js coming up? You can put your events here through the Evangelism team repo and announce it in the Issues page, specifically the Weekly Updates issue.